Everything that grows and changes in size and shape needs care. Since human beings are surrounded by trees, timely tree trimming is necessary from time to time. These services are aimed at keeping the trees neat and healthy. Tree trimming is the process of removing some diseased and damaged branches to avoid the spreading of insects and diseases. Dallas tree removal is one of the best service providers as far as the tree trimming services are concerned. This also increases the air and sunlight distribution to the surroundings.
Importance of tree trimming services
Trimming a tree is done to maintain a good shape of the tree. However, unnatural shapes should not be imposed on a tree as this could permanently damage the tree. There is a specific amount of trimming that is needed, therefore you may need to hire a professional.
Dead and damaged tree branches can fall off at any time causing injury or damage to property. Again, tree branches and limbs may occasional grow too close to some utility lines. Similarly, some tree branches may be obstructive to the visions of drivers on highways. In all these cases, contacting the services of professional tree trimmers to handle this situation is a major safety precaution.
In some cases, saving a tree from spreading of a disease or pest infestation only requires strategic trimming of the affected branches and limbs. On the other hand, trimming the tree’s crown will improve the air flow, which is beneficial to the tree and the environment. If some branches are noticeably too close to each other, trimming them is a good method to avoid falling off.
Tree Trimming Techniques
- The best time to cut trees is during their dormant season. However, trees species like pine can be pruned at any time. This is exceptional though in a time of hazard.
- Before you make a cut, carefully observe the collar of the branch, which usually grows at the base of the branch from the stem tissue. Also, watch out for the branch’s ridge which is typically parallel to the branch angle.
- Take notice of the size of the branch to be trimmed or removed. Some branches may have a diameter of more than ten centimeters and should be trimmed only if it is necessary.
- Only branches that have narrow angles and funny shapes should be trimmed. Branches that are strong and have average angle should be retained.
- The ratio of the remaining tree to the crown should be two-thirds after the trimming process is complete.
- If possible, trim tree branches when they are young. At this point, it is easy to manage them, and this reduced the risk of leaving ugly scars.